Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Here's to 2009!

Well first of all I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and an even better New Year’s. We all got a small break so everyone got home for the holidays. My home is in South Dakota and I didn’t want to get off that plane because I knew how cold it was going to be. You know it is bad when you are stepping off the plane, you can see your breath in the tunnel and there are snow piles in there as well. Seriously, that can’t be normal? Well it wasn’t as cold as it had been, but temperatures were around zero for the most part. I have turned into a baby living here with the mild winters; I still wear sweats when it is 70 degrees because I am cold!

Anyways I had a great time with my family; I must have a very good girl this year because Santa treated me quite well. I guess that is why my mom named me Angel(a)..
All I did at home was eat and play the Wii. I have gotten very good at Mario Kart, so please if anyone wants to challenge me, BRING IT ON! My mom is an unbelievable cook, not sure why I didn’t inherit that, however, I ate so much I am pretty sure that I ate South Dakota right off the map!

We brought everyone back on the 29th! Those first practices are always conditioning practices to get the girls legs back. We had two-aday’s, which they absolutely look forward too.

Our first conference game was against Chaminade University. Last year we opened up with a loss against Hilo, so I wanted to make sure that we got off to the right start this year. We won that game 95-36. Every girl got a chance to get some good minutes and I was pleased with everyone’s efforts. So that puts us to 7-5 on the season and 1-0 in conference. We are off till January 17th, when we host Hilo University. Each game is so important from here on out!

We wanted to wish you a Happy New Year – We hope that 2009 is an eventful one for everyone. All our games are broadcasted live from our website so if you get a chance tune in.

GO DSC!

No comments: