Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Coach Larson


Hi Everyone!
I would like to introduce myself for those of you who don’t know me. I am Coach Larson and this will be my third year as an Assistant Coach at Dixie State. I couldn’t be more excited for this year, expectations are high and now all we have to do is follow through! A little bit about my history…..My playing career started at Kirkwood Community College in Cedar Rapids, IA (also home to Courtney Boyd our senior point guard.) After one year at Kirkwood I transferred down to NCAA II Pittsburg State University in Kansas. I played one season at Pittsburg before my career was cut short by a knee injury. Suffering a career-ending injury is never easy but it did give me the opportunity to begin my coaching career as an Undergraduate Assistant. I always knew I wanted to be a college coach and was excited to get started! After Pittsburg State I moved up to Omaha, NE to be an assistant under Coach Kristensen at College of St. Mary, a small NAIA school. We had a great season and advanced to the Sweet Sixteen for the first time in school history. Coach Kristensen applied for the head job here at Dixie State and was hired that June (of course I’m still trying to convince her it was all because of her Assistant Coach but she can be kind of stubborn!) So here I am out in Utah in a place I didn’t even know existed (all I knew was that is was 90 miles from Las Vegas.) St. George is a great place to live and I am surrounded by great coaches and players. I consider myself very lucky; I think I have the best job in the world!

No comments: