Friday, October 24, 2008

Looking from the Outside In By: Lexe Jacobs

Where to begin! Last year I was recruited to come to play here at Dixie State by Coach K and Coach Larson. I committed, signed and before I knew it I was down in St. George getting ready for the season to start! Through out the summer and preseason I had been working so hard, I was determined to get some playing time. Preseason was a blast! Well, kinda... Early morning conditioning, weights, and pick-up all in one day was exhausting. Getting to know the girls and hangin out with them was awesome! I loved it. Preseason soon came to an end and we were stoked for the games to begin. I personally started off playing well and was playing with the team. That slowly went down hill; having a history of back problems was taking its toll and slowing me down. Sitting at the end of the bench wasn't exactly what I had expected, as well as the coaches. It was like I made a complete U turn. But the season was ending soon and I was determined to get my back ready and my self in shape for the next season! Little did I know the last game of the season would be the last game of my career.
Now that basketball is only something I watch and not physically be a part of, I wish I could go back. There are so many things I would change and do different with basketball. I wish I would have worked out the days I was too lazy and wasn't in the mood, I wish I would have stayed that extra half hour after practice to work on my shot. So many others; but mostly, I wish I would have realized how little time I had left. I took so many things for granted. So I guess the moral of my story is play and practice like its your last, because you really never know when it all comes to a halting screech. Do what you love and love what you do; don't waste your time!

No comments: